- The government bans ... Industry X.
- ...Bureaucrats [resurrect] Industry X ... to create new streams of revenue for the government.
- ...The government itself is deemed the only institution responsible enough
- The government realizes that it cannot run Industry X effectively, and so decides that it must privatize the industry.
- The government ... take[s] bids ... The winner gets the exclusive right to run Industry X and is protected by a government-enforced monopoly.
The whole thing is heinous, but that's what passes for policy these days.
Honorable mention to InsureBlog's post entitled "Vanishing Coverage" - it seems USAToday did a puff piece about declining health insurance coverage that didn't note that didn't note the fraud committed by the consumers.